[ExI] Moon Bases Not Needed (Kevin Haskell)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 15:23:03 UTC 2011

2011/7/26 Kevin Haskell <kgh1kgh2 at gmail.com>:
> Why would we need moon bases if we hope to evolve, soon?

"Evolution" is usually a consequence of adaptation to new
environments. Some of them may be terrestrial, or even purely
metaphorical, but what is wrong in taking the concept of growth (also)
very literally and spatially?

> Wasting money on moon bases would only divert trillions of
> dollars from money that should be otherwise be directed at something
> productive for the human race.

There is no such thing as the "human race". There are individuals,
generations, communities, and clades. I want my clade to endure the
passage of time and to expand in the universe as much as possible.

--
Stefano Vaj