[ExI] Usages of the term libertarianism

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 10:57:20 UTC 2011

On 1 June 2011 05:43, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's diagnostic of the imperfection of the communist vision that
> thinkers smart enough to work their way through the details feel
> forced on rely on divine (i.e. superhumanly smart and nearly
> omnipotent Minds) force to keep their clock ticking.

As discussed in another thread, a planned, as opposed to a
market-based, economy might actually become competitive by relying on
a much lower threshold of computational resources.

While we have few examples of political experiments these days in this
somewhat unfashionable direction, the internal working of large
corporate conglomerates, where the allocation of resources is not
driven by market mechanisms but by centralised planning, may well
suggest something like that.

The working of living organisms, of animal societies, etc,. also
suggest that all that is basically a matter of information processing.

--
Stefano Vaj