[ExI] Usages of the term libertarianism

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Jun 3 05:55:54 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 10:31:34PM -0700, spike wrote:

> Speaking of carbon with regard to Germany's decision to nuke their nukes,
> what now happens to their Kyoto commitment to reducing CO2 emissions?  Do
> they just blow off that whole notion?  Or can they still try for it by
> pouring on the coal with ground based PVs?

Dunno.  I'd give [rhetorically] equal odds on "they really think they
can push renewables and efficiency enough to pull it off", "Merkel is
making a bad decision for political gain or out of silliness", and "in a
few years they'll go 'oh yeah carbon' and quietly revert".

I have a faint idea that EU targets might be more relevant for them than
Kyoto now, but I'm not sure.

-xx- Damien X-)