[ExI] Brain emulation, regions and AGI [WAS Re: Kelly's future]

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 15:29:27 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:
> Stefano Vaj wrote:
>>
>> On 3 June 2011 16:20, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com
>> <mailto:rpwl at lightlink.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    Some of the other modules we would leave out entirely (the violent
>>    ones).
>>
>> Why? How?
>
> Well, for example, in the human design there is (appears to be) one module
> that pushes the system to become dominant among the the other individuals of
> the species.  It needs to be acknowledged as superior in some way.
>
> And there is another module that can cause the creature to enjoy perperating
> acts of destruction or violence.
>
> It seems clear that these modules are not necessary to the proper
> functioning of the system (evidence:  some people have extremely weak
> versions of these modules).  It is also transparently obvious that these
> would be dangerous in an AGI.  So, they go.
>
> As for your "how?" question:  they are simply left out of the AGI design.
>  Nothing more to it than that.

I think this is all more a matter of training or ubringing if you
will, rather than leaving some magickal module out. There are people
who are wonderfully non-violent, but it's not because they don't have
some physical module, but buecause they were taught that violence is
bad, and it sunk in.

Admittedly Richard did not say if this module was a software or
hardware module. And we probably differ a bit on how much is
"programming" vs. "training".

-Kelly