[ExI] Ummm... are you still ranting about this? [WAS Hydraulic Fracturing]

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 07:43:51 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 5:49 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
> ### Dick, simply saying "Science!" doesn't make you into a scientist.
> I know that, since I do science for a living. Scientists say things
> like "I performed a chemical analysis of a wastewater sample, using
> published methodologies, and I found 98% water, 1% granular silica,
> 0.8% diesel oil,....etc.". Or they say "I reviewed the peer-reviewed
> literature on the subject of effluent purification, and here is my
> summary of the costs of removing diesel oil from aqueous waste".  This
> happens to be the stuff that I echoed in my contributions. You and
> Bill quoted things like "My buddies are scared of swimming in a lake,
> cause they heard it's poisoned". Or "Senator X wants to have this shit
> banned, so it must be bad"

No Rafal, you are making stuff up for the purposes of trolling.

The federal proposal is to cancel the special exemption from
federal regulation under the Safe Drinking Water Act.
This is to make the same rules apply to them as every other business.

Surely you are not in favour of special treatment for good lobbyists?

The Texas propoal is to require drilling companies to publicly disclose
the chemicals they use to crack tight rock formations in their search
for natural gas.

This is to avoid speculation about what might or might not be in the wells.
Why cause all this trouble by keeping secrets?
Especially if, as you claim, everybody already knows what these chemicals are.

BillK