[ExI] Unsustainable was Re: Solar power makes UK people poorer

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun Jun 12 10:43:15 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 08:30:37PM -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> > It's bad because http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-05-nuclear-power-world-energy.html
>
> Gene, I'm embarrassed for you. Did you read the above piece?!!  It's
> total junk.  The author is clearly an anti-nuclear pro-solar advocate,
> and his arguments dishonest, when not feeble.
>
> If you're interested in a deconstruction of Abott's lameness -- a
> waste of time, really, like the article -- simply check out the
> comments that follow the article.  The commenters seem to be of
> average geek intelligence -- no ensemble of Los Alamos luninaries --
> but they had no trouble seeing through Abbot's gossamer "logic".
>
> I'm giving you a Mulligan on this one.
>
> Best, Jeff Davis
>
>         "Everything's hard till you know how to do it."
>                                      Ray Charles

Not sure whether you're being sarcastic, but the comments are so
full of brain damage I had to stop halfway through.

If you've come to a diametrally different conclusion based on the
same data as the (chronically ill-informed) moi I'm fine with that.

As I said, the physical reality will take care of itself.