[ExI] The Zeitgeist Movement and the Venus Project have "divorced"

PJ Manney pjmanney at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 19:00:16 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 5:34 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Talking heads is really a waste of time. The information content is
> too slow and almost all of it is spin, propaganda and lies. Talking
> heads rarely get picked up on errors, so it becomes a part of the
> process 'If you repeat a lie often enough it becomes accepted as
> truth'. And anything on TV has this theory of 'balance', so that every
> scientific truth uttered has to be 'balanced' by giving equal time to
> utter nonsense.

I occasionally like watch talking head for the reasons you state.  I
appreciate the enlarged bandwidth you get from non-verbal
communication, cues and "tells".  Like the "I know I'm spouting s#!t"
eye-cast downward, or the wild-eyed "I don't really understand what
I'm saying, but if I'm louder than you and repeat myself, you'll
believe me" or the dead-eyed "I'm a robot in pay to my corporate
overlords reading talking points" or my favorite, "I'm such a
sociopath, I really believe this drivel."  It makes it terribly easy
to see just what teams everyone is on (not that I couldn't figure it
out) and fantasize about the "Lord of the Flies" island onto which
they could all be air-dropped.

My fantasies are better than prime-time, although I won't hear a word
against "Big Bang Theory."

PJ