[ExI] Media generations

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Jun 13 16:11:22 UTC 2011

On 13 June 2011 01:18, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

>>.Since we tend to become used to some media but not others we also tend to
form "media generations" that prefer using certain media but not others.

>.Quite exactly where I stand. :-)  Probably we belong to the same media
generation. :-)  -- Stefano Vaj

A variable I am trying to imagine is the ratio of thought to the number of
words.  In the twitter medium (don't know the proper name for it) there are
few words but nearly zero actual thought behind it.  Here, more words but
also more thought.  What would we call that ratio?  Meme to text ratio?  Or
should it be the ratio of memes to time spent ingesting the memes?  The
internet chat group is better than television and twitter, but not as good
as. what?