[ExI] Why Cities Keep Growing, Corporations and People Always Die, and Life Gets Faster

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Mon Jun 13 22:31:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 02:43:37PM -0600, kellycoinguy at gmail.com wrote:

>    Funny too is that Obama promised not to increase taxes on the middle
>    class.. Then decides this is a tax when his lawyers back him into a
>    corner. So is Obama another elected official breaking a campaign
>    promise, or is he failing to uphold the constitution?

Campaign promise.  Which we had already: he'd campaigned on a plan that
didn't have a mandate at all.  But keeping stupid promises is stupid.

Of course, despite our habit of attributing everything to the alpha
primate, the law is primarily Congress's, not Obama's.  His role
ultimately comes down to deciding whether or not to veto it.

-xx- Damien X-)