[ExI] Burzynski the Movie The Great Cancer Hoax

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Jun 14 16:35:26 UTC 2011

On 6/13/2011 6:12 AM, The Avantguardian wrote:

> Here are some quick and dirty facts I gleaned from a perusal of study abstracts
> that I separated from the spin:

Thanks for this response, Stuart. But--

> The
> Mayo Clinic study was deemed inconclusive by the investigators due
> to insufficient sample size but had several other problems such as
> only enrolling patients with cancers so nasty that all conventional treatments
> had already failed and stopping treatment of 5 out of the 9 patients due to
> "side effects".

The movie makes a pretty good case (showing documents that are available
for scrutiny on the site) that this was astoundingly--perhaps
maliciously--bungled; that Burzynski's explicit and empirically based
protocol was repeatedly violated, and that he protested and made
repeated efforts to have it reinstated *during* the study, so this is
not a post facto attempt to explain away the failure.

Damien Broderick