[ExI] Isn't Bostrom seriously bordering on the reactionary?

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:28:36 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the post-S world will have much more diversity than today's
> world.

It's possible you will be right.  But we have counter examples like
Facebook which sucked in a fair fraction of the human race.

Given what we should be able to do with nanotech and AI, I could
imagine the human race vanishing from the physical plane entirely.

A 100 to one fall in the physical state population might leave those
who stayed out little choice.

Keith