[ExI] Why Science Drama Would Make Great TV

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Wed Jun 15 21:13:41 UTC 2011

BillK wrote:
> I read this article and immediately thought of Anders and Nick at Oxford.
> A new TV series, with jokes from Spike! All human life is here!   :)

We were actually talking to some TV people today, although mainly to
give them background for a possible future television series on the
future. But I think one could turn much of our academic life into a
reality soap. "Who wants to get funded? Watch 20 prospective projects
battle it out, trying to get the elusive funding through strange
proposal processes, group exercises and intrigue. Can the philosophers
ally with the computer scientists to oust the climate pact?" (no, I am
not making this up).

My only problem with "The Ivory Tower" is that it would be too close to
home... how many police can stand watching cop shows?

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute