[ExI] North Korea's super EMP Bomb

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 02:00:36 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not QUITE an existential threat until we're all uploaded, but a pretty
> darn big potential threat!
>
> http://www.newsmax.com/KenTimmerman/super-emp-emp-northkorea-nuke/2011/06/16/id/400260
>
> -Kelly

Can't speak to the credibility issue here, because the author Ken
Timmerman is a neocon, perhaps even an extremist among neocons.
Setting that aside however, and assuming that the North Koreans have
adopted the optimized EMP design -- a minimum nuke with a maximum EMP
-- then I have to give the N Koreans credit: very, very smart play.
Huge deterrence multiplier.  Advanced technological societies must be
assessed as profoundly vulnerable by virtue of their comprehensive
dependence -- infrastructure as well as everything else -- on
electronic systems vulnerable to EMP attack.

Boy, talk about bang for your buck!   Way to go Kim!

Best, Jeff Davis

"We're a band of higher primates stuck on the surface
of an atmosphere-hazed dirtball. I can associate with
that. I certainly can't identify with which patch of the dirtball I
currently happen to be on, and which monkey tribe happens to reside
therein.

Only by taking the big view we can make it a common
dream, and then a reality. It's worth it."
                          Eugen Leitl