[ExI] Burzynski the Movie The Great Cancer Hoax

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 22:19:00 UTC 2011

Yesterday, I watched the entire "movie", and it was very troubling.
I'll probably watch it again.  Had my "skeptic's cap" on.  , it was
clear what it was about: suppressed cancer cure or hoax, I was well
armored going in.

.............paused for a week to Google up Burzynski, read a little
bit, and mull it over. ..............

Okay, Damien, here's my take.  Burzynski's path in
life/science/medicine has led him in to the eye of the perfect storm.

If he were a total fraud, that is someone knowingly victimizing people
with utter fakery in their moment of vulnerability and terror on the
brink of the abyss, this would be easy: hang the SOB.  If on the other
hand he had a wonder cure with one hundred percent (90 or 80. or 70 or
60 or 50 or 40 or even 30% would do) he would be feted by "the great
ones", lofted on the shoulders of the glitterati, draped in laurels,
receive the first Nobel prize for wonderfullness, and have babies,
streets and, national holidays named after him.

Unfortunately we live in the real world, where the good doctor's fate
is more in line with that of Prometheus: to have his entrails
perpetually gnawed on by harpies.

Here's the deal.

He discovered some chemistry with some unquatified anti-cancer
potential.  He patented it and went about treating people, but did not
choose to go through the FDA approval process, probably because he
didn't have the money for the process, didn't want to wait years to
help the people who desperately needed effective treatment, and didn't
want to sell (to big pharma) his patents and with them the profits he
foresaw arising from them.

Then, as the movie shows, he ran into two of the biggest buzz-saws
around: ambitious regulatory "cops" who kept getting snake-oil-ripoff
complaints from citizens; and Big Conventional For-Profit Medicine
which on one hand saw dollar signs in the mega-profitability potential
of the new, Burzynski-owned cancer treatment, and on the other hand
saw the looming threat of extinction to their already-established,
massively profitable, torture-to-death-the-already-condemned-to-death
cancer treatment protocol.  Their motivation for either stealing
Burzynski's discoveries or driving him out of business, or both, is
without precedent, and can be quantified in a single word: trillions.

It's easy enough to understand the ravening wolves of corporate
profit.  The bitter irony is to be found in the citizen complaints of
fraud. (The movie didn't show it, but I conclude that the Texas Board
of Medical Examiners and the FDA came after Burzynski because of
citizen complaints.  Patients and family members who invested a lot of
hope and money in the Burzynski "alternative" treatments, but whose
loved ones died anyway, will inevitably conclude in their grief that
Burzynski "scammed" them.  Which is to say that those who have lost
loved ones AND money -- either their own or that they would have
received from the loved one's estate -- are going to be looking for
someone to blame.)

Since Burzynski can't cure everyone, it's inevitable that he ends up
with a large number of "dissatisfied customers".  The dead of course
can't complain.  Not so the families of the dead.

Finally, there's an interesting structural element here, suggested by
the movie but not stated explicitly.  When the prognosis is terminal,
a patient has three options: be pointlessly tortured to death with
radiation and chemo, give up any hope and go home and die, or -- if
you know about him -- go to Dr. Burzynski.  The current
torture-to-death protocol of convention cancer "therapy" could not be
more perfectly designed -- hope without torture -- to send the entire
population of terminal cancer-victims stampeding their way to
Burzynski's clinic had it been commissioned with Goldman Sachs and
Knowlton and Hill by Burzynski himself .

And the final condiment to Burzynki's entrails: he charges full
American medicine prices for his treatments, with the painless
invisibility of coverage by insurance is nowhere to be seen.

Okay.  Done with that.

Implied in your original question: is it real or a hoax.  I think the
cured brain cancers in the kids shows that it's real.  Whether the
down-regulation of oncogenes and up-regulation of tumor suppression
genes is the mechanism,...well who but a researcher with a specialty
in this area can say?  Clearly, more research is called for, and since
this has been around since '76 (?), it seems  somebody has dropped the
ball yet again.

YMMV.

Best, Jeff Davis

 "Everything's hard till you know how to do it."
                      Ray Charles