[ExI] flying cars?

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Jun 26 18:16:06 UTC 2011

On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson
Subject: Re: [ExI] flying cars?

>...I can't imagine that the environmentalists are going to let anything
like this happen,

Ja, I will be sure to not ask their permission.

>... since any machine of this sort is going to get worse mileage than a
Hummer... -Kelly

Worse mileage than a Hummer?  In free flight, it would get worse mileage
than a loaded semi-truck.  But in ground effect it would likely do OK.

Something like this racing around cones on a frozen lake would be a terrific
sport.  We need new sports.  The ones we have all have evolved excellent
strategies, so that the best of the best all play nearly indistinguishably.
But a new sport doesn't yet have an optimal strategy, so it is being
developed real-time.

Since this thing would be difficult to control, I envision time trials with
only one vehicle out there at a time.  To make it a competition between
drivers (pilots?) everyone would drive (fly?) the same air-bike, then see
who can run the course the fastest.

Oh my, there is money to be made here.