[ExI] Superior Autobiographical Memory

Henry Rivera hrivera at alumni.virginia.edu
Mon Jun 27 12:52:01 UTC 2011

This is a video stream of it the 60 Minutes story:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/12/16/60minutes/main7156877.shtml
I saw this story when it originally aired in December. My initial thoughts were maybe we can evolve such that everyone will have brains that can do this. You would learn everything that you ever read and watched, I imagine. Would this equate to intelligence increase? They don't mention IQs in the story. I wonder if any of them have learned multiple languages. Or how about computer programming or code-breaking. After reading the scientific article (herehttp://today.uci.edu/pdf/AJ_2006.pdf) by these researchers and case study on one of these people, I'm not as excited. The person reports not doing great in school and having trouble retaining info she is not interested in. I guess it won't equate to intelligence increase.
-Henry