[ExI] AI Motivation revisited

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 16:21:38 UTC 2011

2011/6/23 john clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>
> Richard Loosemore wrote
> "A "motivation mechanism" is something that an ordinary PC does not even
have,"

> Sure it does, although I admit that the the word "motivation" is usually
used for things somewhat more complex than a PC, but it still just means the
things that caused a system to perform one way rather than another.

BTW, if we accept the Principle of Computational Equivalence, ideally a
contemporary PC is certainly capable of running an anthropomorphic AGI,
provided that you know how to program it to this effect and that "real-time"
is not a requirement of your Turing test (that is, if you can wait a few
aeons for its replies).

--
Stefano Vaj