[ExI] AI Motivation revisited

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 16:33:28 UTC 2011

On 29 June 2011 19:00, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Stefano, you are missing the main point, which is that algorithms
> continue to improve even after problems are solved. These improvements
> often mean that the algorithms can run on less capable hardware, due
> to optimization. I was trying to say no more, nor less than this.

I fully accept that, even though ceilings exist as to what optimisation can
win you on a given system.

My point is that the difference is purely quantitative, not qualitative. In
other words, more efficient algorithms simply allow you to achieve the same
results in less time (on in the same time on less capable hardware).

--
Stefano Vaj