[ExI] Neutrino interaction web

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 09:10:12 UTC 2011

Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> mused:

> I had an idea for a physics experiment, which I'm sure
> there are probably
> holes with.  I suspect someone on this list can point
> them out
>
> So, what am I overlooking that would cause this to fail?

Everything, I suspect.

Top marks for imagination, but unfortunately I'm fairly sure that this would be a non-starter for several reasons.  It would be like trying to make a bow and arrow out of marbles.  Marbles that you can't melt.

Creating a molecule with just 3 carbon atoms would be .. difficult .. (chronic understatement) and stringing neutrons together like that, well, let's just say it implies tech. that, if possible at all, makes your goal superfluous.  I think even the wildest dreams of the keenest femtotech enthusiast don't come anywhere near this.  If we could do that, we'd be able to tell neutrons to jump, and they'd not only ask "how high", but "what should I wear and shall I bring a friend?".

That's 'sufficently advanced' technology, all right!

Ben Zaiboc