[ExI] Extrope Robert Bradbury Has Died

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Mar 5 05:44:52 UTC 2011

Subject: Re: [ExI] Extrope Robert Bradbury Has Died

>Another mind, a mind I loved and respected, is gone.  Another beautiful
informed dreamer of grand dreams, planner of great plans and rational being
capable of grounding those plans and dreams in reality is no longer with us.
It is horrible, utterly unacceptable and feels more and more so with each
loss the more we know that it does not have to always be so.

>May our sadness, loss, frustration, tears and fear here in the slowest of
the Slow Time fuel our efforts to get beyond the place where this happens
and will happen to everyone.

> - Samantha

Thanks Samantha, well said.

On 03/03/2011 09:17 AM, Keith Henson wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 11:57 PM,  "spike"<spike66 at att.net>  wrote:
>
> snip
>
>> Last time he was here (about 3 years ago, for I recall his saying he
>> had turned 50) Robert and I discussed cryonics briefly.  His position on
it was...

I must retract this.  I may have projected my own views more than recalled
Robert's, and I can't find anything about it in my green notebooks from that
visit about cryonics.  I don't think I ever discussed cryonics deeply enough
with him to know for sure where he stood, but recall that he was one who
thought it possible to do genetic modification at the cellular level.  That
doesn't seem consistent with anything other than a hardline full-on believer
in cryonics.  He and I didn't go deeply into that matter, for whenever he
was here, we discussed other subjects, geosynchronous cables, MBrains,
nanotech, space stuff in general, his proto-transhumanist history project
and so forth.  Our discussion on cryonics was a mention in passing, and I
just don't remember it well enough to say how that went, but now I am
doubting myself.  Death was not on either of our immediate agendas at that
time.