[ExI] Universally versus 'locally' Friendly AGI

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Wed Mar 9 19:14:43 UTC 2011

On 03/08/2011 02:36 PM, spike wrote:

> Chess Titans is not as strong on a modern computer as a freeware chess
> program for a palm pilot was 10 years ago.

Really?  I feel better.  I used the beat that one consistently if I paid
attention.  It was rigorous but also very predictable in its reactions
and I found ways to exploit that.    I forget the details but if I was
careful to get that far, there were certain middle game trap
combinations it was a sucker for.   With patience I could whittle it
down to where I could win.

- samantha