[ExI] Serious topic

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 16:41:24 UTC 2011

2011/3/10 Amon Zero <amon at doctrinezero.com>:

>> Android headup goggles, check, accelerometers, check, magnetic compass,
>> check, GPS, check, multiple cameras, check, 3G/4G, check, decent
>> batteries, check.
>>
>> Any day now.
>
> I seem to be increasingly confronted with anecdotal evidence that mainstream
> awareness of these possibilities is spreading rapidly. I'm trawling through
> old mails, so only just saw this, and as it happens I was sent the link
> above last night. By my extremely nontechnical Mother in Law.

That video seems to be much more about the interoperability of devices
made by, presumably, companies who had little to do with one another,
and on the possibilities of touch interface.  (I noticed several examples
of vertical-mount touch interfaces, which have been found to be a be a
bad thing for extended use - see "gorilla arm" - although the depicted
uses were short enough to likely avoid that.)