[ExI] Two Japanese reactors on red alert

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 16:08:11 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 5:34 AM, MB <mbb386 at main.nc.us> wrote:
> Damien Sullivan wrote:
>> Some economist think it will help, with the recovery spennding
>> triggering a breakout of the deflation trap.
>>

> That surely has got to be a load of carp.
>
> Maybe we should burn down a house, that would help with recovery. Or wreck a car. What?
>
> So all that money and those resources go to catching up with where we *were* instead
> of moving forward.
>
> A Red Queen's race, IMHO.
>
> Of course some people will benefit. But not the country as a whole.

The point is to kick loose money that people had been hoarding.  They
might not have invested it otherwise, but they will invest in rebuilding.

It's the (small) total amount of money moving around the system, and
its (small) velocity, that has been the economic problem.  Money doesn't
do any good if no one's spending it.