[ExI] Universally versus 'locally' Friendly AI

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Mar 13 15:14:36 UTC 2011

... On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson

>...I think we're only going to get one chance at this. I think that's why
it's so important that we select really good parents to raise these first
AGIs...

Indeed?  We select?  Agreed it is *important* we select, but we do not and
cannot select.  Whoever is successful in figuring out how to create AGI
selects themselves.

>... They might even find themselves watched, like in the Truman Show, to
make sure they get it right.

Indeed?  Watched by who?  How would the watchers know what to watch for?

> ...If we screw up on the first generation of AGI, then humanity is toast,
IMHO.  -Kelly

Indeed.