[ExI] Which nootropics work best?

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 21:25:02 UTC 2011

Max,

In the most serious manner possible, I recommend taking a dose of
serotonin-pathway-affecting psychedelics.  The most commonly known of these
are LSD and psilocybin-containing mushrooms.  The experiences I have had
with these substances are the most profound form of cognitive enhancement I
have ever encountered, and the positive aftereffect/takeaway is long-lasting
and integrable into normal life.

When you think under the influence of these psychedelics, the way you
proceed through concepts is not the same as sober life.  It is no longer
linear; instead of taking one route from a concept to an endpoint you view
the proverbial vector bundle of all possible thought routes out of this
concept.  In this way, instead of beating around the bush to conceive an
idea, one has the choice to *engage totally* with any idea.  The platonic
nature of the concept is revealed by an exhaustive (and incomprehensibly
fast) understanding of its causes and effects.

Also unique is the ability to blur the lines of the ego, so we may see our
place in a very large, complicated universe.  It gives you more appreciation
for both nature and the incredible specimen that the human brain is.

It is sad that many people who do not understand the effects of the
aforementioned substances take them and give them a 'bad rap.'  For
intelligent enough people, the only effect these drugs can have is a wider,
more comprehensive perspective on reality.  If one never partakes in these
fruits of knowledge in his or her lifetime, that one will have lived an
incomplete life.  These chemicals are the essence of humanity and
intelligence.

Please, do consider.

-Will