[ExI] Two Japanese reactors on red alert

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 01:21:24 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not knowing what they actually had perhaps I am being harsh on this,  but an crew of Americans would have taken the plugs off and spliced the wires.  There are significant cultural differences between the two societies.

Yes, that was my immediate thought as well, 'Splice 'em!".  But c'mon!
  Just on that account, the story makes no sense.  You've got a
billion dollar nuke plant you risk losing to a melt down, plus the
potential human safety catastrophe of a full reactor vessel breech!
The guys working the emergency response would have been the best of
the best.  They would have known to splice, and done it with their
teeth if necessary.  There just HAS to be something else to this
story, some other problem we haven't heard about yet.

Jeff Davis