[ExI] Two Japanese reactors on red alert

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Tue Mar 15 19:26:07 UTC 2011

Il 15/03/2011 18.19, Eugen Leitl ha scritto:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 06:02:21PM +0100, Mirco Romanato wrote:

>> This incident will be forgotten in a few months. The Berlusconi
>> government, here, will not stop their planned return to nuclear
>> power.

> This Berlusconi thing is most curious. Are you sure you don't want to
> repeat the administration the Duce treatment? It would do him some
> good.

Do Mussolini count as Hitler to declare you have lost the argument?

It is lovely when leftist lose arguments and turn to violence and
threats of violence or dreaming violence.
Berlusconi was victim of two attacks during his mandates.
Violence is, probably, the only way leftists in Italy would be able to
get rid of him, as the voters think differently.

>> The EU will not stop the same, simply because without cheap
>> abundant energy there will be no economic recover.

> http://www.energyefficiencynews.com/i/3198/

This is bullshit.
I know well that wind power need gas power station to work, because wind
don't blow continuously and the grid don't like power fluctuations.
Colder the climate, less wind you have.
Wind cost 5 times (at least) more than nuclear power and coal.
You don't run foundries with mills nor with solar panels.

Last fall/winter, the mills in Scotland stopped when the place had the
worse winter in decades (second  time in a row). When people die because
of the cold, what do you tell them. Capitalists hoarded the winds?
Capitalist hoarded the sun?

>> Germany will not back down, because without nuclear power
>> generators there will not be electricity to run factories and
>> homes.

> You know, when they switched off these 7 nuclear reactors it's
> because they knew they could afford to.

The politics could afford it, for sure.
I'm not sure the people unemployed and that will stay unemployed because
of the high cost of the energy will be able to afford it.

I suppose they can afford to buy fossil fuels from dictators, religious
nuts and leftist caudillos.
People in power often can afford many things people without power can
not. The same is true for people receiving subsides.

>> As soon as the people will be without electric power or their
>> electric bill will be too high (and industries will shut down
>> because they can not afford the same bills) the political will will
>> disappear.

> Do look at the numbers.

Do look at the prices.

When solar or wind will be economically independent from subsides paid
by nuclear and coal, they can argue as much as they want.
When they will be as affordable and dependable as nuclear and coal power
I could also listen to them.

>> Fears the fridge stop working beat the fear of nuclear power.

> It is interesting that nobody is mentioning that electricity as is
> doesn't even begin to address the question of missing fossil liquids
> and solids. Humanity is definitely overrated.

Power up electric cars and trucks with solar panels and wind.
Humanity overrated? Maybe. Some humans that think to be better and born
better? For sure.

> I've switched my electricity provider to 100% renewable -- saves me
> 200 EUR annually. I agree that all energy subsidies should be cut --
> and I mean *all* of them. No more sweeping up things under the
> carpet. Do the whole life cycle.

Eugene, if you go down this path you will find much affinity with
Stefano Vaj. I'm sure he will be happy to welcome you in the mids of the
Sovrumanists, if you wear chrome plated jackboots.

--
Leggimi su Extropolitica Blog <http://extropolitca.blogspot.com/>

Leggimi su Estropico Blog <http://estropico.blogspot.com/>

*Mirco Romanato*

-----
Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 10.0.1204 / Database dei virus: 1498/3508 -  Data di rilascio: 15/03/2011