[ExI] Are mini nuclear power stations the way forward?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Mar 16 17:38:51 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 12:54:57PM -0400, Mr Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
>
> > As a meta-comment I would only say that in a zero-sum
> > budget it would be a loser.
> >

> Solar and Wind being winners in this zero-sum budget?

Not really. Wind is pretty well developed in locations, and
further potential is limited. Thin-film photovoltaics yes, but
it can't grow fast enough to meet the demand gap, and by itself
it does little to address lack of fossil gases, liquids and
solids.

What needs to be done would be a long and pretty mixed list.
The specifics would also differ for locations. I'm not sure
what sense it would make to post here, as it's not a technical
list nor will it have any impact on policy people.