[ExI] Two Japanese reactors on red alert

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Wed Mar 16 18:53:20 UTC 2011

Il 16/03/2011 14.36, Richard Loosemore ha scritto:
> Mirco Romanato wrote:

>> Easily expected for who? I don't remember you making this claim
>> anytime before the earthquake happened. Do you have anyone making
>> the claim and supporting it with data before the earthquake?

> If you think that emergency planners in Japan, putting a nuclear
> plant on an active fault line, would make the prediction that a 9.0
> quake with tsunami was so unlikely that they need not plan for it,
> you are descending to a level at which meaningful conversation is
> impossible.

Do you really need to argue with a straw man or do you don't understand
the point?

Japan planners and designers planned for earthquakes and tsunami they
knew at the time, not for earthquakes and tsunami we know now.

I don't think we know the real frequency of 9.0 quakes in Japan in the
region of the reactors. Nor we know exactly the frequency a 30 feet high
tsunami. One in 50 years? One in a century? More?
We have recorded data only for the last century or two. No more.

Your statement that planners in Japan put the plant ON an active fault
line is factually false. The active fault was somewhere 130 km east of
the Senday City, under the sea.
It is difficult to plan for something that could happen 160 Km away in
any point of the many fault lines near and around Japan.
Planners plan, make assumptions, make decision and accept trade off.
Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong. Sometimes much
wrong, sometimes only a little. Sometimes they are lucky good planners
and sometimes they are unlucky stupid planners.

Where I live there is a say: "Only people doing can do wrong".

--
Leggimi su Extropolitica Blog <http://extropolitca.blogspot.com/>

Leggimi su Estropico Blog <http://estropico.blogspot.com/>

*Mirco Romanato*

Inglese  Italiano <javascript:void(0);>
*pronouns: *essi, esse, loro, coloro

-----
Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 10.0.1204 / Database dei virus: 1498/3510 -  Data di rilascio: 16/03/2011