[ExI] study of critical mass of an internet gag

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Mar 19 03:55:52 UTC 2011

If a person makes up a joke and sends it to some friends, they might send it
to their friends or might hit delete.  If it is sufficiently funny, the meme
could reproduce and it's mass might go critical, or it could go viral (yes I
know, mixing metaphors.)

I am studying the propagation of a meme with the subject line

"i see a definite resemblance. {8^D"

Do let me know if it shows up in your inbox in the next couple days, thanks.
I sent it to 26 people by randomly choosing one person in each letter of the
alphabet in my contacts list.