[ExI] reddit on Shortwhile

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Mar 22 02:32:15 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Samantha Atkins
>

>...  I remember at a Foresight conference he attended ...  I did admire him
for coming to a conference where almost everyone disagreed with his position
pretty strongly.  - samantha

Samantha, what I remember about that conference: I kinda tagged along
hanging in the background, saying little, watching and listening.  What
struck me is that even if nearly everyone disagreed with Bill, they treated
him with a level of respect I found encouraging.  I was worried some silly
goof would go off on him, but as far as I know, no one did.  Perhaps they
treated him with additional respect for owning a few billion dollars, I
don't know.   I have fond memories of that conference.