[ExI] Two Japanese reactors on red alert

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 05:56:23 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it> wrote:
> I don't think we know the real frequency of 9.0 quakes in Japan in the
> region of the reactors. Nor we know exactly the frequency a 30 feet high
> tsunami. One in 50 years? One in a century? More?
> We have recorded data only for the last century or two. No more.

Japan has great written records on earthquakes and tsunamis going back
to the 600s. We have even learned a bit about the subduction zone in
Oregon from these records. There is NO other country with the detailed
earthquake and tsunami records going back like Japan has. China has
good records of major quakes, but these aren't often associated with
tsunami.

-Kelly