[ExI] THE END for nuclear power

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Mar 23 15:39:53 UTC 2011

Regardless of whether this story is accurate, I would suggest it represent
the end of the road for new nuclear plants.  Any time a new nuke plant of
any kind anywhere comes up for a building permit, the proletariat will think
"radiation in tap water.  There is no escape."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/23/radiation-levels-rise-tokyo-tap-wate
r-new-evacuations-ordered-nuke-plant/

The perception of danger in nuke power has always been its weakest point.
Japan's experience has made that problem three orders of magnitude worse.

I can imagine the populace suddenly warming to the option of global warming.