[ExI] rebuilding a saturn v today

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 21:14:14 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 12:47 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> I think it is safe to say most people no longer look to space as the final
> frontier.  We now set our sights on inner space, cyber space and thought
> space.

Because they don't see what can be done with it.  There are all kinds of
far-out visions promoted - but they are very expensive, with little near-turn
returns, and smaller stuff keeps getting glossed over.  Launching a single
probe for under $1 million is not currently possible, making it very hard to
start stuff in space.

Meanwhile, $1 million can easily fund another dotcom startup that may
actually deliver value to many, and you don't need a lot of people to get
one going.

This is why I came up with that asteroid mining plan.