[ExI] How slow is capitalism?

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Mon May 2 06:58:13 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Jones Murphy
<morphy at alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Why has the reign of an Ayn Rand
> disciple at the Fed, with the most Mieses-friendly policies since the
> ones which helped precipitate the Great Depression, ended in the
> greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression?

Greenspan served as Chairman of the Federal Reserve of the United
States from 1987 to 2006. Whether he implemented Mieses friendly
policies is potentially up for debate. What is not as clear to me is
how you can blame him for the stuff that has happened mostly since
2006 which seems clearly more problematic than that which happened
before. He kept the economy going through Democratic and Republican
administrations with quite a bit of stability.

-Kelly