[ExI] Efficiency of algorithmic trading

Mr Jones mrjones2020 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 13:22:35 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>wrote:

> "You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

I don't think the rich would be destroyed by having only 5 houses instead of
10.  Or 10 cars instead of 20.  Or 3 servants, instead of 10.  Poor guy.
 How will he EVER get by having 8 figures in the bank instead of 9.

> You cannot
> strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

How are they weakened?

> You cannot bring about
> prosperity by discouraging thrift.

It's a shame you don't see the value in investing in the prosperity of
humanity, after all, there's a selfish motive to it as well.

You cannot lift the wage earner up
> by pulling the wage payer down.

Right.  Let's let him float up in the stratosphere 1,000x's that lowly
little 'average' guy.

> You cannot further the brotherhood of
> man by inciting class hatred.

Which is ironic.  Since the ultra-elite run the TV networks that foster that
very response throughout the world, lest we turn our attention on the
unbelievable inequality causing this whole thing to begin with.

> You cannot build character and courage
> by taking away people's initiative and independence.

Those people scraping by, struggling to survive have character in spades.
 It's the 'others' I wonder about.

> You cannot help
> people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do
> for themselves."

Absolutely.  Who's asking for a handout?  I'm asking for an equal
opportunity is all.  What?  It's ok to spend TRILLION$ killing each other,
just not helping each other?  Sociopath?

>   -Abraham Lincoln
>
> Nuf said.

Some things are best left unsaid.