[ExI] Efficiency of algorithmic trading

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue May 3 02:20:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> On 5/2/2011 8:11 PM, spike wrote:
>
>> The flip side is if there is a business-unfriendly government, the rich
>> sit on their money and wait it out, as we are seeing now.
>
> A government, like the one before it, so unfriendly that it shovels
> trillions of dollars into businesses, especially when they screw up?

### Banks are no longer businesses. They are just government revenue
collection front offices. The US government has a long history of
using the banking system to steal money from people - first by issuing
Treasury bonds, then establishing the dollar as the legal tender, then
abandoning the gold standard, establishing the Fed, and slowly
inflating currency, or in other words, stealing the value of money
from whoever has it. Of course, these government-controlled
institutions, like AIG, Fannie Mae, Merrill-Lynch, eventually screw up
- but since the government controls them, we end up paying for their
losses.

Rafal