[ExI] Efficiency of algorithmic trading

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue May 3 02:30:49 UTC 2011

2011/5/2 Mr Jones <mrjones2020 at gmail.com>:.

> I don't think the rich would be destroyed by having only 5 houses instead of
> 10.  Or 10 cars instead of 20.  Or 3 servants, instead of 10.  Poor guy.
>  How will he EVER get by having 8 figures in the bank instead of 9.

### The rich spend a much lower fraction of their income on
consumption, compared to low-income persons, they productively invest
instead. You are using a communist caricature that deflects attention
from the real issue - taxation of the rich prevents productive
investments, first and foremost, which is very, very bad, and somewhat
reduces luxury consumption, which is also bad (the 7 servants have to
find another job, and since the money is held by the government, they
may end being employed to slaughter brown people or something like
that).

Just admit to yourself, Jones - you are consumed by envy. Then cast
this ugliness out of your soul and you will be a better person for it.

Rafal