[ExI] Zero State & other 'splinter' transhumanist movements

Amon Zero amon at doctrinezero.com
Tue May 3 13:06:46 UTC 2011

2011/5/3 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>

> This is why I think transhumanism to be basically a political identity,
> requiring action to its supporters along the lines of any other grass-root
> movement.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. For a lot of people, the grass-roots
activity they want to engage in is not obviously political, but it is
political in the sense that in sends a message to peers and other observers:
"my worldview is valid, supported by others, and we're working to realize it
- deal with it!".

Naiive as it may sound, I believe that such a stance can be much more
effective in swaying public and political opinion than simply commenting on
what may or may not happen, what should or should not happen.

- A