[ExI] Efficiency of algorithmic trading

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Tue May 3 23:16:15 UTC 2011

On May 2, 2011, at 7:15 PM, Keith Henson wrote:

> 2011/5/2 spike <spike66 at att.net>:
>
> snip
>
>> The flip
>> side is if there is a business-unfriendly government, the rich sit on their
>> money and wait it out, as we are seeing now.

Any one that cares about not destroying value would not invest it in many places right now.  It is a very dangerous environment.

> Part of that is *our* fault.  Nobody sees anything worth investing in
> at the moment.

Not so.  They don't see currency stability or a debt ratio that is a safe environment to invest in nor a stable government unlikely to attempt to run their sector of the economy on the next emergency.

> Coming up with such ideas is the job of engineers and we have not been
> doing so recently.

Plenty of good ideas out there.   And there is more private equity looking for a place to be invested than in the last few years.

- s