[ExI] buttload

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed May 4 17:42:26 UTC 2011

Subject: [ExI] buttload

On 5/4/2011 6:59 AM, spike wrote:

>> I think there is a buttload of money to be made here.

>...I've never understood this American phrase. I assume you don't keep your
money inside your rectum, and since that's quite a small space it suggests a
rather small amount of money, even in large bills. Hiding your plastic card
up there would be rather painful. Or does it suggest (as Freudians claimed)
that, to the unconscious, money = shit?  Damien Broderick

It's a polite way of saying the more common term "shitload of money."

There was a humorous commercial: man is rushed to the hospital, facing down
on the gurney, doctor pulls a bill out of his ass.  "This man has money
coming out the wazoo.  Get him to a private room!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0_tfoTTGOQ