[ExI] Cephalization, proles--Where is government going?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon May 9 18:05:17 UTC 2011

2011/5/9 Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com>:
> There is a bit too much cultural relativism here.

Why, this is my trademark, isn't it? :-)

> Not all cultures are as
> likely to lead to as happy and empowered outcomes.

Besides the not-so-secondary issue of reaching a consensus on what a
"happy outcome" may be, if this is true, isn't it better not to put
all the eggs in one and the same basket, allowing pseudo-Darwinian
mechanisms to play their role also on societies?

The eminent relevance of the subject for transhumanism is that
neoluddism stands a chance (well, a very good chance in a stagnant,
globalised Brave New World...) exactly inasmuch as it is "governed"
(and enforced) on a global basis.

I maintain that cultural and political diversity not only give us more
 chances to adapt and evolve, but also keeps each single system more
efficient, if anything because it requires it to retain and develop as
much as possible traits that make it competitive with others. Those
appears to include almost invariably the acceptance of technology and
innovation and risk rather than not...

--
Stefano Vaj