[ExI] Cephalization, proles--Where is government going?

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Tue May 10 15:09:21 UTC 2011

People forget the less obvious roles of government.  Maybe a
minarchist says its ok with no government as long as we have police or
whatever.  But the entire point of regulation is to stop evil people
from doing evil things.

I come from Pennsylvania, where recently where has been a big scandal
about 'fracking'--fracturing underground rock with high pressures to
get natural gas.  It messes with our water table and whatnot.  The
only barrier to things like this is regulation--the companies are
simply too evil to comply with anything that does not produce profit.
Libertarians forget that in their ideal society there might be no EPA
or secretary of agriculture or any of the small things people forget
about but also need.

These companies are the issue with putting libertarianism into play.
The truth is, a company is not a person and is subject to different
rights.  We cannot open the floodgates of freedom with wolves ready to
pick our bones clean.  First the wolves must be removed.