[ExI] Farmville for real

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue May 10 15:46:48 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Richard Loosemore

>...Second, the response to the sudden loss of slave labor...the farm
managers would be forced to raise wages until they could attract ordinary
humans into that workforce... Richard Loosemore

Oooh Richard, careful there, me lad.  We know what you meant, but it is easy
to slip and make these kinds of comments.

My take on it is if one wants completely legal farm produce, one must
advertise and market it as such, perhaps convince the grocers to carry it in
a separate premium section in the store, like they do now with organic
produce.  There is an independent agency which certifies organic.  Likewise
we could set up an independent (for profit) (my) profit)) agency which
inspects and certifies all-legal produce.

That one carries a semi-humorous ironic message: everything else not
certified all-legal in the local grocery has something somewhere illegal in
its production.  Those who care about the plight of slave labor will flock
to buy my all-legal produce, even at elevated prices.  Result: soon the
slave labor will be freed from slavery, by being laid off, woohoo!  Problem
solved.

Oh, wait...