[ExI] Usages of the term libertarianism

Mr Jones mrjones2020 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:32:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/5/10 Mr Jones <mrjones2020 at gmail.com>:
>
> > Govt provides a kind of balancing against the power of capital (at least
> > it's supposed to, when working properly).  What we've witnessed the past
> > few'ish decades, is what happens when capital rules the roost
> > semi-unchecked.  De-regulation hands the keys to the inmates.
>
> ### The key to control is deception: To convince the controllees that
> they are the controllers (e.g. by giving them the bread-and-circus
> show of elections),

Yes, well I'm certainly not of the opinion that our elections are without
their faults.  I'll even agree that it's little more than show.  I'd love to
overhaul the entire system, but that's a whole different story entirely.

> to conceal the truth (increasing political control
> of the financial system)

HA!

> and replace it in the popular narrative with
> its polar opposite ("capital rules the roost unchecked").

So you're honestly trying to tell me here, that the problem isn't deception
by way of capital's influence, but actually the govt trying to influence
capital?  I sure hope this isn't your message, and that I've merely
interpreted it incorrectly.  So what then...Just let the rich go ahead and
run the show their way?  After all, they won't do anything to hurt us,
having their eyes only set on quarterly profits and share prices?

> Once you have defined the terms to suit you, the little creatures are
> just running around like headless chickens, ready for the plucking.

Yes we are.  And that's exactly how the big $$$'d interests want us.  So
long as we're busy fighting amongst ourselves, no one will have the time to
realize the game is rigged.

> And all that happens quite naturally,

Absolutely.  And rationally as well.  If you're short-sighted that is.

> no evil conspiracy needed,

It's hard to have this level of coercion taking place, without individuals
conspiring to make it so.  Evil, I don't believe in.

> just
> some natural human weaknesses and the grinding wheels of
> government-controlled educational system churning out obedient
> yes-humans.

Again, I agree on the Education system being severely out of date, and out
of tune with what's necessary to thrive in the 21st century, yet those in
the position to make changes have no incentive to; Worse yet, they have
every incentive NOT TO see it happen.  Why would the rich/elite want a
better education system?  So that they have honest competition?  They can
afford to send their offspring to schools who aren't based on some outdated
Prussian model, originally developed for Industrial Revolution
button-pushers.

Make no mistake, I'm no govt fan-boy, certainly not our current crop/system.
 But to think that $$$ could do a better job is absurd.