[ExI] Usages of the term libertarianism

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed May 11 20:04:31 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 8:27 PM, Kelly Anderson  wrote:
<snip>
> I support this statement. It is wrong to take $100 from a millionaire
> to save the life of a starving child. If he wants to donate the $100,
> that's super! But to force him at the point of a gun, with threat of
> imprisonment if he does not comply, is indeed WRONG, imho.

And that is exactly why 99% of the population regard hardline
libertarians as insane.

The child is starving because the billionaire and millionaire classes
have left almost nothing for the rest of the population. Look around
at the destruction of the USA by the wealthy, then tell me about
charity again.

Unfortunately, no amount of discussion will change your emotionally
rooted belief. It is impossible to argue someone out of a position
that they were not argued into in the first place.

We'll have to agree to differ on this one.

BillK