[ExI] Planetary defense

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue May 17 08:57:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Kelly Anderson wrote:
<snip>
> So what do you do with something like global warming that is neither
> low hanging fruit, nor unimportant? It's a tough play.

I don't see that as a tough play at all.

The way to tackle global warming is something that the world should be
doing anyway - Move away from using oil and coal and use renewable
energy sources.  We will be forced to do that anyway as oil and coal
become more and more expensive as the available supplies begin to run
out. So why not get on with it and do it now?

Oh, of course, the oil and coal corporations have their own interests
to defend and they own the US government. The rest of the world can
look after themselves.

BillK