[ExI] Usages of the term libertarianism

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Fri May 20 01:30:09 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> On 5/19/2011 4:46 PM, Kelly Anderson wrote:
>
>> Why do we keep putting up with these huge organizations that are so
>> inefficient?
>
> Because they're so rich, and use a portion of their wealth to fuck us over
> and confuse the easily-led so they can get richer.
>
> (Oooooh, sorry. That's just envy and spite.)

It's OK Damien, I've realized over the last couple of days that I'm
too angry about all this stuff. Politics is like the weather. Obama
getting elected, that's just a tornado or hurricane, not the end of
the world. Reagan getting elected, that's just a run of partly cloudy
days. Rand Paul for president? That's just dreaming of being on the
beach in Tahiti. What I should be concerned about is the CLIMATE, not
the weather. And the climate in my mind is the run up to the
intelligence explosion and the imminent extinction (or not) of
humanity because of it. That's important, not politics.

I need to relax a bit more about the weather, and focus on the
climate. The only thing that makes that difficult is that I had two
inches of snow in my front yard this morning (no joke!)!! It's
freaking May 19th for heck's sake!!! Focus on the climate, focus on
the climate... ah, feeling much better now... damn snow anyway.

To respond to your point more directly, the easily-led will not be
quite so easily led when there is more intelligence in the world, I
hope. If everyone had an intelligent agent to look after their
political interests, that would be an interesting game changer. Then
what was or was not on any particular news cast might have less
impact.

-Kelly