[ExI] From Friendly AI to Loving AI

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri May 20 08:21:32 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 7:09 AM, spike  wrote:
<snip>
> Actually I do see an ethical contradiction.  If a really rich guy fathers a
> child and arranges for the baby and mother a comfortable living at his
> expense, that is far preferable to the poor guy who does the same but cannot
> afford to support his family.  Hmmm.

Spike, I wouldn't use ethical to describe that situation.   :)

That's why men fight each other to get money and power. Riches and
power attract (most) women as they seek a mate who can provide well
for them and their children.  For a millionaire, setting up a fund to
look after mistress and child is a trivial expense. Far less, for
example, than a millionaire going through the divorce courts. (John
Cleese, Paul McCartney, etc,)

If you have so much money that paying for your mistakes is just pocket
money, that doesn't make it ethical.  The crooks on Wall Street pay
nominal fines all the time, but get to keep most of their ill-gotten
gains. It is just a normal (trivial) operating expense.

BillK