[ExI] From Friendly AI to Loving AI

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri May 20 14:38:35 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson
>
>> No problem, as I said, no harm done.  I confess I did start the goofy
thread...

>...I didn't mean to attribute that to you, if I did, I'm sorry.

The ironic thing is that it is actually a good thing.  Occasional
misattributions provide us all complete deniability of stuff we really did
write.  {8^D  So don't worry about it me lad.  {8-]

>...I can't imagine you in the 9 to 5 world. :-)  I can't imagine you
WANTING to be there, in any case. Join me in the crazy entrepreneurial world
where crazy people like us are what's needed!

Ja, well, I am being pressured to take over the family farm.  To farm
legally cost money.  I need a 9 to 5 to support my farming habit.

>... The structure of Mormonism is quite distant from sola sciptura because
the living mouth of God lives on earth currently, and there is the
opportunity to solve every question immediately, even though often such
questions are simply left open as "unimportant to our salvation."

Ja, those guys have it easy.  The SDA prophet died in 1915, and she wasn't
making much profit several years prior to that.

>...According to Dawkins you believed because your genetic makeup is tweaked
to believe what your parents said. It makes a lot of sense when you think of
the selection pressure against kids that eat poisonous plants that their
parents told them not to try. So don't
blame yourself... :-)   It's all those darn old selfish genes...

Between Dawkins and Keith Henson, I have learned much.

>...There is a certain logic to turning the other cheek, at least on the
large scale. War is very costly economically...

Ja, far cheaper is to have enough competent defense technology that the bad
guy goes elsewhere.

>...So it's easier for the rich to be ethical?

Shrugs.  I guess it does lead there by any path of reasoning that I
recognize as such.

>...That turns the typical thinking on it's head, doesn't it? :-)

Sure does.  The rich person has enough money to cover his own mistakes and
compensate the damaged.  Lovers come willingly to the rich, regardless of
how ugly and flabby, perhaps knowing he can (and will) make it right if
things go wrong.

Now take that over to the individual mandate for health care insurance, and
consider the really rich guy who has his own medical staff.  He doesn't need
medical insurance; he could pay his own medical expenses should it become
necessary.  The logic behind the individual mandate for health insurance
(that one without it is using a service one is not paying for) does not
apply to anyone who has so much money they wouldn't go into a hospital
anyway.  Rather they would hire the medical expertise to come to them.  So
now we have a case where the government couldn't logically require health
insurance of the very rich, because they wouldn't use it anyway.

Aaaahnold made sure his second family was cared for, so I guess I hafta cut
him some extra slack on that.  The lying part of course is a major no-no.

So then is morality different between rich and poor?  Well, in some ways,
sorta it is.

What I'm really interested in is the transhumanist angle of it... if we have
powerful AGIs in the future, and they screw up, which they will, then what
is to be done about it? How will it be perceived? I think it's a fascinating
question to ponder.

-Kelly